The Revivals of the Eighteenth Century
Particularly at Cambuslang, with three sermons by the Rev. George Whitefield
Rev. D. Macfarlan
|Product Description: |
In 1742 a great revival started at Cambuslang, a small parish lying about four miles South-East of Glasgow, under the pastoral care of the Rev. William McCulloch. The local church building was too small and in disrepair, so public services were held outdoors on the east side of a deep ravine near the church, scooped out by nature in the form of an amphitheatre. Here, for about a year before "the work" began, Mr McCulloch, preached to crowded congregations on the Sabbath evenings on the doctrine of regeneration and newness of life.